Thursday, September 25, 2014

CSCC#7 - WATERCOLOUR CARD TECHNIQUES

Hello Friends,Ramya here Hope you all are having fun with our current challenge - " CSCC#7 - watercolour challenge " . We are happy to see your amazing entries for the challenge and now its my turn to share my inspiration.

I thought watercolours can just be used for colouring digital images or watercolour painting. But when I googled upon, to my surprise I found that there are a lot of techniques for card making using watercolours. Here are some of the cards I created using watercolours. 

1. SPONGE+VARNISH+WATERCOLOUR PENCILS CARD


I created the background using watercolours and sponge. I drew the digital image and coloured using watercolour pencils. I applied a coat of varnish to get the look of a sticker. 

2.KITCHEN TISSUE PAINTING

I created a pattern paper using kitchen tissue ( tissue towel) and watercolours. Embellished the card using handmade flowers coloured using watercolours.

TO MAKE TOWEL PAINTING





3. WATERCOLOUR STAMPING

 Instead of stamping with the usual inks I decided to use watercolours for stamping. Here is my handmade foam stamp. 


 4. STENCIL CARD.


I dabbed some watercolours for the background and pasted a masking stencil at the center. 
Whoa! I had super fun making these cards. So you too have fun, playing with Watercolour Challenge

Thanks for stopping by..;)

16 comments:

  1. Lots of inspirational projects with different varieties, I love to play with watercolor techniques and your creations are awesome!!!
    Love the texture you added on first and second one. And love to see your own feathered foam stamp:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely cards Ramya...Thanks a lot for sharing.

    Could you please explain the steps involved in Paper towel painting with watercolors ?

    Are those white circles made by tissue roll stamping ? Please Clarify.

    It would be helpful for me to try it out.

    Once again, thanks a lot for sharing wonderful techniques.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Tamizhmuhil , I used white acrylics and some bottle caps for making those circles... I also used permanent markers for doodling ( red and blue colours) .... Take a good quality of tissue towel and start painting randomly using watercolours... Allow it to dry and then highlight or stamp using markers or acrylics... I feel bounty brand is good for towel painting as it does'nt tear when water is applied... I hope this is helpful to you...

      Delete
    2. Thanks a lot for sharing the steps involved....

      Delete
  3. Amazing work!!

    We are also having our first giveaway to promote our newbie facebook page.

    To participate, all you have to do is- like our page and email to us – one of your most favorite and original art creation. @creativendearment@gmail.com

    3 Lucky Winner to get- "DCWV FLORAL PRINTS PAPER STACK".

    We will display the best entries on our page along with the winning entry, and yes, mind it- we are not stealing any credits. We will post the best entries on our page as your original creation- mentioning your blog address and details. You may choose to watermark your images too. We have no issues.

    Feel free to contact us at- creativendearment@gmail.com
    Happy Crafting!!


    https://www.facebook.com/creativendearment/photos/a.1543391519210350.1073741829.1543379702544865/1543678632514972/?type=1&fref=nf

    ReplyDelete