Thursday, September 25, 2014

CSCC#7 - WATERCOLOUR CARD TECHNIQUES

Hello Friends,Ramya here Hope you all are having fun with our current challenge - " CSCC#7 - watercolour challenge " . We are happy to see your amazing entries for the challenge and now its my turn to share my inspiration.

I thought watercolours can just be used for colouring digital images or watercolour painting. But when I googled upon, to my surprise I found that there are a lot of techniques for card making using watercolours. Here are some of the cards I created using watercolours. 

1. SPONGE+VARNISH+WATERCOLOUR PENCILS CARD


I created the background using watercolours and sponge. I drew the digital image and coloured using watercolour pencils. I applied a coat of varnish to get the look of a sticker. 

2.KITCHEN TISSUE PAINTING

I created a pattern paper using kitchen tissue ( tissue towel) and watercolours. Embellished the card using handmade flowers coloured using watercolours.

TO MAKE TOWEL PAINTING





3. WATERCOLOUR STAMPING

 Instead of stamping with the usual inks I decided to use watercolours for stamping. Here is my handmade foam stamp. 


 4. STENCIL CARD.


I dabbed some watercolours for the background and pasted a masking stencil at the center. 
Whoa! I had super fun making these cards. So you too have fun, playing with Watercolour Challenge

Thanks for stopping by..;)

15 comments:

  1. Lots of inspirational projects with different varieties, I love to play with watercolor techniques and your creations are awesome!!!
    Love the texture you added on first and second one. And love to see your own feathered foam stamp:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely cards Ramya...Thanks a lot for sharing.

    Could you please explain the steps involved in Paper towel painting with watercolors ?

    Are those white circles made by tissue roll stamping ? Please Clarify.

    It would be helpful for me to try it out.

    Once again, thanks a lot for sharing wonderful techniques.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Tamizhmuhil , I used white acrylics and some bottle caps for making those circles... I also used permanent markers for doodling ( red and blue colours) .... Take a good quality of tissue towel and start painting randomly using watercolours... Allow it to dry and then highlight or stamp using markers or acrylics... I feel bounty brand is good for towel painting as it does'nt tear when water is applied... I hope this is helpful to you...

      Delete
    2. Thanks a lot for sharing the steps involved....

      Delete