Saturday, August 11, 2018

Guest Designer - Ishani

Hello my dear crafty friends! Welcome back! Today we have another lovely guest designer joining us today with her beautiful water color card. Whenever I see her work, I feel very proud. And she is


Hello everyone,

I am Ishani also known as Quillish and am so glad to be here to share my card with you. Thank you Deepti for inviting me, it's an honour. I have been a part of the Indian Air Force till this June and now a happy stay-at-home-mom to my toddler. I have had a crafty gene but it was dormant till two years back. Quilling opened this new world of cardmaking to me and now I feel blessed to be a part of  such a loving community.

I love coloring, building scenes and love to learn and experiment new techniques but I think I’m slightly bent towards CAS style of card making. This month we get to play with water colours for the August - Watercolour challenge. I am quite a newbie to the different mediums of colouring and I feel that rather than getting wooed by the cool products we must get better in understanding the mediums we have at hand.  I think one of the products one usually buys when they start this hobby, is distress inks. I don't have many but I used the ones I had to create this card.


Do you know that Hydrangea is a flower that changes colour depending on the soils pH level. So my distress inks decided my soil to be slightly acidic and my flower turned into a mix of blue and pink. I went for a One layer card, did some masking for the leaves to go behind the flowers and then coloured each petal a little differently.


To colour a flower, I usually google the real flower. The color and the shadows play a very important role and water colours are so good at giving a natural movement to the pigment and achieve the stunning effects. I went with the lightest shade and got some variations as I coloured. 

I hope you like my card. I am not a pro at watercolouring, but you'll get better only if you try. I believe in - Doing what scares you, until it doesn't! So, get your brushes out and play along. 

Happy creating something catchy!

That was a very beautiful card. Thank you so much, Ishani for sharing your talent with us. Please don't forget to play along with the Water Color Challenge, guys! :)

10 comments:

  1. Congrats on your GD post Ishani !! Loved your CAS water colored card :) thank you for the info about hydrangea,I didn't knew their color depends on soil :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Am so thankful to you Deepti, what an absolute honour to be your guest. And you are so kind with your words. Thank you so much!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loved the Coloring & info on Hydrangeas ... congratulations dear 😃

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations Ishani on your Gd spot. Your colouring is amazing. And thanks so much for the information on hydrangeas. 😊😍

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ishani, there are few flowers that I love more than Hydrangea... I even them, and hang them upside down to dry to keep them for a very long time. Now, their color diminishes while drying, which saddens me... but you know how much I love neutrals, right?
    Next time we chat, I'll take you indoors to see them.
    You conquered your fear of water coloring, and that one-layer nemesis, too! A gorgeous card, and I adore the purples! xx
    =] Michele

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is lovely. I like the darker colors. Usually when I do hydrangeas I go pastel and I think I like yours better. I will have to try it. Did you use the Mondo Hydrangea stamp from Ellen Hutson?

    ReplyDelete
  7. AutoCAD Crack Download has a flexible subscription model with new features available with each release and product update for instance. Moreover, If you have a perpetual license for AutoCAD 2016 or earlier, the following changes have been made to AutoCAD 2017, AutoCAD 2018, AutoCAD 2019, and AutoCAD 2020. Downloaded from website

    ReplyDelete
  8. This program now includes full visual effects and graphic animations! The Fusion page gives you a full 3D workspace with over 250 tools for compositing, vector painting, keying, rotoscoping, text animation, tracking, stabilization, particles and more. You get unlimited creative flexibility as DaVinci Resolve Studio makes it easy for individual artists to explore different sets of tools. It also allows you to collaborate and bring together people with different creative talents.
    https://protocrack.com/davinci-resolve-studio-crack-activation-key-download-latest/

    ReplyDelete